Thursday, March 22, 2012

Don't Do This in the Exit Interview

If you're an employee and you work for a difficult employer, have you ever thought of surreptitiously recording your exit interview? If you're an employer, have you ever considered that a difficult employee might be trying to make your life miserable one last time during the exit interview?

A friend from Texas told me about his recent experience: "I recently resigned from my job and secretly recorded the exit interview. During the interview, the HR director threatened to withhold my last paycheck unless I signed a non-compete agreement. I told her the threat was unlawful and that I was recording the conversation. She became enraged and screamed 'get out of my sight! I hope I never see you again for the rest of my life!'"

No comments:

Post a Comment